Thursday, August 30, 2018

Maybe Not

The question was was this brilliant?

who's gonna love me when I'm old and gray
when I not too far off from my dying day
who's gonna be there in the final years
will I be alone with my laughter and tears?

who's gonna carry my coffin to the burning fire?
who's gonna cremate me when I expire?
and in those tough times when the end is near
who's gonna be the one who'll still be there?

all I ever wanted in this life was love
to love and be loved is what I always dream of
giving everything away gave my my sweetest joy
so why am I ending up such a lonely boy?

and in the final years I want to know
who's gonna be there to just be there, you know?
(who's gonna be there just to be there, yo?)

don't give up hope on finding love someday
that's what I hear a voice inside me say
but there's a sad child wondering if I
will be alone the rest of this life and why
will I be alone when I finally die?

who's gonna love me when I'm down and out
when there's no more spunk left in my sprout
when gravity pulls harder than I can grow
who's gonna be there when it's time to go

and in the final years I want to know
who's gonna be there to help me let go?

who's gonna be there to sing harmony?
who's gonna be there to make history?
who's gonna be there to share love with me?
I don't want my last feeling to be lonely

who's gonna be there when I'm no longer strong
who's gonna be there to finish this song
who's gonna be there...

and in the final years I really want to know
who's gonna be there to share
who's gonna be there to care
who's gonna be there to enjoy the show
in the final years I really want to know
who's gonna be there...

No comments:

Post a Comment

who cares?