Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Not Tonght

But I just don't feel like feeling sad tonight

knock knock who cares
knock knock who shares
knock knock who's there?

some nights I don't even make it to bed
there are so many words left in my head
but I am tired of the way I'm sitting
(and tired of the way I'm shitting)
and I'm not shitting you
no really
it's not your fault you do not get the joke
maybe it was something never spoke
or a pig in a poke

But I just don't feel like feeling sad tonight
so I am laughing at all these words I write
even at this early hour
after an almost hot and steamy shower
I don't begrudge anything or anyone
like a cactus flower
daring life
in the desert sun

sometimes the way in is the way out
don't ask me what that is all about
all I can tell you is we are here right now
and if you want to care, I can show you how

though I can't make you drink
and I can't make you think
and I can't make you feel
I can be real

and if you want to care
and if you want to share
then just come and sit here
lean on me
just be still
you will see
if you will
give it time

all you have to do is leave your fears behind

make the choice to be here
become aware
you can care
you can share
and the answer will appear
it's a choice
use your voice
if you will...

just sit here
lean on me
and be still.





No comments:

Post a Comment

who cares?